The 1.1.3 firmware introduced the concept of "Carrier Bundle" to store carrier-specific settings on the phone. Like the operator logo on the top left corner, services under Settings > Phone (see screenshot below, with M-Budget Mobile services) and Safari bookmarks. I created bundles for the three aforementioned operators.
To install these bundles:
- you need a jailbreaked 1.1.3 or newer firmware iPhone, with SSH installed;
- download and unzip on your hard disk the ZIP file linked below (SwissPrepaidCarrierBundles.zip);
- copy the three .bundle files over to your iPhone in "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles";
- on the iPhone, run commands:
cd /System/Library/Carrier\ Bundles
ln -s MBudget_CH.bundle 22801
ln -s yallo_CH.bundle 22802
ln -s CoopMobile_CH.bundle 22803
- swap the SIM card in your phone with one from another carrier (e.g. the AT&T card that came with your US iPhone), to force the re-creation of symlinks;
- put your SIM card back in, and restart the iPhone;
- enjoy the new features on your phone.
Posted by François Bonzon on Sunday 2 March 2008 at 18:57